Pages

Tuesday, 25 June 2013

Poem: Addiction




I return to the scene of the crime
passion leads words to freedom
I feel them scratching the walls
dusting off collected fears
no need for a beating heart
to exist in this world
less than a hundred pages,
a hundred pages or less
to conceive a life unlived
years gain on me
but so does folly
dreaming of sunflowers in winter
leaves one feeling
like a fish on dry land
learning to live in an unusual way
yet my head has not been filled with regrets
hope overcame despair
I came to understand this creature
yet to conquer it's will
is a task for a smarter captain

*
Written back in the late autumn of the year 2011.

2 comments:

  1. I like the fish simile, and the sunflower dreams. You make a positive ending, despite conceding the harder task too, which is difficult I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is difficult to be positive in poetry... and I rarely get to do it so... :)

      Delete