Pages

Wednesday, 28 August 2013

Blog: Come not in darkness

Come not in darkness


This summer vacation isn't going as I'd hoped. Spending most of it at home and my activities restricted because of my damn knees. Second summer in a row. So I create and do things that need to be done. I found an art journal prompt of 50, the first one is: "1. Take a minute to connect with your feelings. Close your eyes and imagine what your feelings would look like, and then draw or paint them." For some reason the image of a little match girl came to mind, which is one of my favorite stories.

Photos taken on trip Tolmin - Bovec in Slovenia

Not taking your life for granted makes your days different, it makes you appreciate them more, and you try to make good memories. Sometimes when you come into someone else's home you get a certain feeling, and I'd like to think it's because the rooms, the walls, hold memories. At lot of the time I wish I knew more of where I come from, how my grand parents lived and aunts and uncles... It wouldn't change who I am, but I'd just like to know. There's a lot you can learn from stories. I like the image of a story as a seed, and how they grow differently in each person.

 
River Soča and waterfall Kozjak
"Is it hard to part from the mountain range,
The cradle of your waves?
Do you know you are passing by the graves,
The graves of Slovene homeland?
A double grief you suffer here!
In this grief, mournful and sluggish,
You seem like a big tear to me;
But even as tear - splendid!"
- Simon Gregorčič, 1879

Kolovrat and Italian Charnel House of 7000 soldiers

Time flies fast, autumn is getting close...

2 comments:

  1. I've just read that Darwin said that if he had life to live over again, he would have listened to music at least once a week. Well, like you (and Darwin?), I should be going to those landscapes and cairns instead of looking at cityfolk relaxing in tiny chairs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I think that we may be too surrounded by music, I mean, you can hear it anywhere. Far in the past, you may have heard your favourite "song" just a few times in your life, in concerts, but if you played an instrument, that was different. and yes, I think it's necessary you go and observe nature ;) well, nature, not nature of people :)

      Delete