Pages

Sunday, 17 November 2013

Poetry: November tankas

I.
behind hospital windows
many lights had perished
soft rain made trees grow
child's laughter echoed from underneath
now dreaming of writing the last page

II.
thousands of birds flee
over the surface of the sea
        found home on the island
        covered in silence
how can I make you remember me?


III.
dewy raindrops glittering
under the hollow tree whispering
        about lifelines of the fallen leaves
        gathering blood into streams
from underneath the dreams are shimmering

*
Once more tankas for real toads.

7 comments:

  1. These are so wonderfully full of emotion...gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. you've matched the photos so well, Natasa ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your first is so interesting: a view of the world from a hospital window, silence at one's back and activity without is a fascinating idea.
    Each tanka brings it's own sense of stillness, and I love the way the natural world is connected to human experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All lovely--though I think I especially like the second--but they all have a wonderful cadence and fit the form just beautifully. This is Karin of http://Manicddaily.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found these beautiful and so insightful! Gorgeous~
    I think my favorite is the the first one, but I love the last one too.
    Well done

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful... especially the first one is so raw with emotion...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely ... the second one is my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete