Pages

Wednesday, 25 December 2013

Poetry/Blog: Imagination

branches barely touching
   sun rays swimming through the leaves
skin eager to drink them
   there is not enough time
   our footsteps echo in search for something more

*


sometime, somewhere, someone
might make more sense out of these words
for I fail to see them completely
and even if I grew a new pair of eyes
it wouldn't be enough
every person is caught in his world
scratching the walls of the only mind he has
sometimes I envy the pictures
they may have captured
the stories they may have written
the truth of their existing reality
the pain of breathing in a mortal suit
- so preoccupied with self-worth
our communication defying the laws of time
- imagination runs through it
*
 
I don't take Christmas/New Year holidays seriously unless there is snow outside, it seems like an important part is missing. It has to have that winter feeling to really enjoy it. Now, I look out the window and .. what, it's April? How much the weather has shaped this time of year for me. But as a kid, there was nothing more magical to see snow outside, the lights of Christmas tree blinking, me sitting inside in the warm with a cup of cocoa. And a kids imagination. Perfection.

I may have forgotten a bit, how it is to be a child at Christmas time, the magic it may have. And since I have no kids of my own, it's....not that special anymore. It'd be different with a child. Maybe next year, or the year after...
Trans-Siberian Orchestra do it for me now, and candle lights, and books...and a warm embrace.
"But still childhood sees what childhood will
But nothing ever stays the same
I fear the night, I fear the dark
I need this light, that distant spark
I know that somewhere, someone's looking to deceive and
Somewhere young men die and children bleed and
Somewhere some have too much while others need and
Somewhere someone's looking to believe and
Somewhere, somewhere, somewhere, somewhere
And the night and the dark and the hopes and the dreams
As we all play our parts while ignoring the screams
So we lie to ourselves and we just carry on
Never stop, never turn, don't admit what is gone
Into this twisted story all these things so clear before me
Every path we've ever taken can't admit we were mistaken
In this night of my devising, never live and never dying
Each escape I've never taken, never dream and never waken
...
Stare into the dark as the abyss keeps calling
Try to take a step but then the mind keeps stalling
Can a single question just go on forever?
As a single thought goes on, it's now or never"
 - Epiphany, TSO
Ollie never fails to make me laugh. He crawls under the cover and sometimes all you can see is lump on the bed. He's good at hide and seek. And in the morning when he gets hungry, somewhere between 6 and 7 a.m. he attacks my feet, a very efficient alarm clock might I add.
And I'll see you in 2014! May it be a better year in all means.
“I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes.

Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You're doing things you've never done before, and more importantly, you're Doing Something.

So that's my wish for you, and all of us, and my wish for myself. Make New Mistakes. Make glorious, amazing mistakes. Make mistakes nobody's ever made before. Don't freeze, don't stop, don't worry that it isn't good enough, or it isn't perfect, whatever it is: art, or love, or work or family or life.

Whatever it is you're scared of doing, Do it.

Make your mistakes, next year and forever.” 
- Neil Gaiman

1 comment:

  1. ha. my cat gets hungry a little earlier...and a too efficient alarm clock at that...ha....i am sorry christmas did not feel like christmas...i miss snow as well...none over christmas for us either...more milder temps...and when you do have kids you will feel that magic through them...i do through my boys...my youngest figured out about santa this year so for me the magic is changing once again...and we will srr hoe that goes....

    ReplyDelete