Pages

Saturday 2 April 2022

Poem: Journey back home

 


I get lost in the smell of trees

mixture of fresh and old

the rain exploring the boundaries

my ears searching for sound

to numb the silence

finding home in the wind

running till the dawning light

like a wolf, my heart on fire

eternity of the night

calming like the oceans waves

it covers that part of the heart

that seems to be missing something

I have waited here for you, unknowingly

I have found such calm in your eyes, unexpectedly

a feeling of coming home

as the storm rages on

I have always known your heartbeat

the waves so similar to mine

life unfolds before us

as we move from one crossroad to the next

our souls pulling us to the place,

where we belong, to life lived in peace

it's such a long-lasting journey

                back home.


No comments:

Post a Comment