Pages

Tuesday 8 October 2019

Poem: All the Love



We're rushing through days 
as we'd swim through the waves coming at us
Running in this rat race, 
catching glimpses of a life wanted
Waiting for signs of approval outside
- instead of within
Figuring out where you stand
and what you still can do
Building your own space under the sun;
Where you can find peace
Capturing moments,
trying to make good memories
So we have something to live on,
once we run out
We're fighting one bug after the other, together alone
And as I exchange one sleepless night for the other
My old life seems unrecognizable now
I stop and see right in front of me,
proof of how time moves on
As you come near, and hug me
with your little hands
I find all the love I've ever wanted to feel
Exists right here in this moment

*

No comments:

Post a Comment